12/06/2009

hi! Recipe & Tip

I started eating clean going on 4 months now. I have never felt better or looked better than i do right now. my body is like a machine that i can actually feel working. i know how it runs and i get to know it better everyday. that's the way it should be. i love it.

i'm going to share my favorite recipe for sweet potatoes.

Sweet Potatoes & Pears:
  • 1/2 baked sweet potato
  • 10-15 raisins
  • 1 tsp. wheat germ
  • 1 half bartlett pear (very ripe is the best)
  • 1 pkg Emerald 100 calorie natural almonds
  • ground cinnamon

  1. Bake the sweet potato just as you would a regular potato in the microwave. i poke holes in mine and wrap it in damp paper towels and put it on the baked potato setting.
  2. You're only going to use half of the potato, so you can ziploc the other half and save it for tomorrow's lunch.
  3. chop potato and pears. mix in other ingredients and enjoy!

i have a horrible sweet tooth and this is just the right amount of yummy!
-----------------------------------------

Tip #1


Boil an entire dozen of eggs. They'll keep in the fridge for a long time. I grab two every morning with my oatmeal and peel them in the car. yeah, i know... I eat two of the whites and only 1/2 of one of the yolks. They're also great for when you get a craving for something. Sea salt works great on them too!

5 comments:

  1. I put this blog in my reader. I don't know if I am ready to go clean or if it's even possible. Some is better than none? I don't like any fish not a big nut fan either. Maybe I'll try a few recipes and see how it goes. Thanks for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to get started. you rock, my amazing friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. this sounds yummy! I have started eating clean 2 weeks ago and vegan and i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great idea! Any tips for just getting started? I keep thinking about the pantry and what to do with it... I saw that there's an article on the pantry in the Clean Eating magazine issue coming up which really was my impetus for subscribing! Enjoy this new journey and thanks for taking us along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looove this blog, K! I'm gonna be checking it everyday for sure.
    I need to loose this bulge pronto!
    Thanks sweets :)

    ReplyDelete