12/29/2009

New beginning

I am brand new to eating clean, but everything about it makes perfect sense. I have read many diet books and there isn't anything about eating clean that isn't appealing. I've prepared all my meals for my work week and will be taking a cooler to work every day. It was pretty easy to get all my proteins ready and dinners will be prepared with the family because I know they will eat what I make them (unless they want to starve). That's the plan for this week anyway. I'm a trainee as a police dispatcher, so my schedule is going to change next week then again in a month...but I am going to make sure I make time before every week starts to prepare my meals and put the exercise in my daily routine...I lost 50 after baby #2, but it was short term because I didn't change my way of life. I was on a "diet". Here is to no more dieting and changing my life!

I'll have my hubby take a pic pretty soon so I have a before shot.

3 comments:

  1. Agreed! I think of you and thank you every day for turning me onto this. Today, I went to the store and ran into someone I hadn't seen in about 2 months . She took a 20 second look at me and said, "WOW! You look fantastic! This clean eating thing is really working for you!" And it is. I am not losing weight, but my skin is different, my energy is different, my shape is different.

    BTW, I create weekly meal plans similar to the ones out of the Clean Eating magazine and then post it on the fridge. So, when I eat, even if out of order, I look at all my choices and pick whatever sounds good. But I still stay on track. I also create specific grocery lists aligned with that week's plan and based on what I know I already have in the fridge/pantry. It's worked out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops - I didn't realize this post wasn't by Liz! Sorry for the confusion! Good luck with your transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay Shauna! so glad you joined us!!!

    ReplyDelete